Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wrestlemania Time Again

YES! That's right folks, it's Wrestlemania time again. This is always a special time for wrestling fans and wrestlers alike. Although if your not a WWE fan, then you pretty much have no reason to get excited. If that is you, I don't care for you. Cause let's be honest, this is the biggest stage in wrestling. If you are a wrestler & don't want to be on this show doing the one thing that you do best, you might should look at your passion. For fans, this is probably the greatest wrestling experience that one will ever have. There is so much going on during the weekend that even a casual fan would have an experience of a lifetime. Now I could go on & on about how good the weekend is & what all you can do during it. But Im not gonna write about that. Cause most fans will never get to experience this, although it is something that every fan needs to do. This is gonna be about the main even of the weekend. The ultimate showcase of wrestling, & I know that a lot could argue with that. As could I. But anyway, Im gonna do my best to cover all the matches that is taking place this Sunday to best of my abilities. I am also going to say, that this year the WWE is giving the best Hall of Fame that they have ever done. But I plan on writing a whole blog about that later. So be on the look out. Let's go down the card. Im gonna start off with the under card and finish with the main events.

Match 1
Triple Threat: Cody Rhodes vs Randy Orton vs Ted Dibiase
Im gonna start this off with the Triple Threat because this is months in the making. Since last July, the WWE Universe (yeah I actually said that, Im shocked too) has been teased with a Legacy split. After the Elimination Chamber PPV we all knew that this was coming to a head. Legacy has cost Randy the WWE Title on so many occasions, first against Cena, then Sheamus, and then Dibiase pinning him in the chamber, it makes perfect sense to have this match on the grandest stage of the year for the WWE. Randy has that ability to make everything he touches special. Not every wrestler has that ability. Take for instance Cody Rhodes. If he was not aligned with Orton for the past 18 months or so and now in this heated feud, would anyone care about him. I mean not many people care to much about his brother. Or ever really did, although he is a great talent that I think has been misused. **Sidebar: Go find a match between Goldust and Chris Jericho from WWE Superstars a few weeks ago. It is a great old school match. Wish they were all like that.** Anyway, Randy can make this special. Of course you got to expect that during this match, the members of Legacy are going to be engaged in a heated battle within the war that this has become. These two stars are only going to shine even brighter in the years to come. This is going to be their first Wrestlemania that they are actually competing on. So the nerves have got to be there, but Im banking that once the bell rings and the adrenaline takes over, that will be a mute point. These guys deserve to be there, and with Randy leading the way, this match has the chance to become one of the top WM matches ever; non title classic of course.

Match 2
Triple H vs Sheamus
Now this match is one that I feel like was just put together to help lift Sheamus' confidence and make him a stand out star. For those that are in the know, these two men have become close in the last few months. They both work out together & I can see Trips as being some what of a mentor to him. And Trips must think highly of him to actually want to work a mid-card match with him at WM. I mean think about it. Since WM 18, ever time Trips has been healthy to compete, he has competed for a world title. Let's look at this:
WM 18 - vs Chris Jericho for the Undisputed WWE Title
WM 19 - vs Booker T for the World Heavyweight Title
WM 20 - vs HBK & Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Title
WM 21 - vs Batista for the World Heavyweight Title
WM 22 - vs John Cena for the WWE Title
WM 23 - Out with an injury
WM 24 - vs Randy Orton & John Cena for the WWE Title
WM 25 - vs Randy Orton for the WWE Title
So I mean he has got to see something special in the first ever "Irish Born WWE Champion." This could either be very special, or very disappointing. But knowing Trips, I bet it is gonna wind up being a very interesting match to say the least. WWE is hoping, as am I, that this match is going to make this guy a star. As if winning the WWE Title in his first year wasn't good enough, this could be the cherry on top.

Match 3
Street Fight: CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio
Now I just love what WWE is doing with CM Punk. How much of this is his idea, who knows? But I love it. This is Punk at his best. This is still going to be a very special match for both these guys. Not much of a high profile match, but still something I think will become a hidden gem. More or less because of the overall storyline with Punk. Although the angle picked up steam a few weeks ago with that little spot on Smackdown. Getting personal with a story to me is always gold. Makes it more real, even if its not. Like I said, a classic gem that will be forgotten about by many until it makes a "Best of CM Punk" WWE dvd. Should be good.

Match 4
Unified Tag Team Championship: Big Show & The Miz(c) vs. John Morrison & R-Truth
Just a filler match that is going to end up being probably one of the top 3 matches on the card. I mean just look at who is in it. I don't see the titles changing, but I could be wrong. All I can say about this though is that its gonna be a great match and have a wild finish. I can see it now. But I think WWE is using this as a filler match for the most part. And they know they pissed a lot of people off last year. Still can't believe they did that.

Match 5
Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Kane vs Christian vs MVP vs Shelton Benjamin vs Drew McIntyre vs Kofi Kingston vs Jack Swagger vs Matt Hardy vs Evan Bourne vs Dolph Ziggler
WOW! So this match is full of guys that is ready to jump into that main event spot. Guys that should win this are Kane, Christian, Hardy, MVP, and Shelton. They deserve it the most. Im gonna feel cheated if none of these guys win it. Guys like Kofi, Dolph, and Swagger are right there. They could win it, and get thrust into the spotlight at any time. I don't need to say anything about this, because the ending is the end all beat all to this match. The winner is what is gonna make this match good. Period.

Match 6
No Holds Barred: Bret Hart vs. Mr. McMahon
13 years in the making, going all the way back to the Montreal Screwjob. I mean what can I say about this that hasn't already been said a 1,000 times, either by WWE or other 3rd parties. This has been long coming and I am excited for it. Word has it that Bret is not going to wear his trademark pink & black tights. I think it is cause he is so outta shape that he is embarrassed to wear them. I can understand. Seems to me like he has had plenty of time to work on his body, although seeing he is older now, been outta the ring for a decade, and has suffered a stroke, the fact that he is even attempting to get back in the ring is a miracle. Think about that for a little while. Bret ending his career is the main reason I hate Bill Goldberg. Just saying. Look it up.

Match 7
Career vs the Streak: Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker
Now let's look back to last year. The match that won match of the year. Now just watching that match again not to long ago, I can honestly say that it wasn't all that great, but still pretty good. I think it was one of those that was better in the moment. This year it is all on the line, Taker's streak and Shawn's career. I for one have no clue how this is gonna end, but after the history these two have had, it is certain to be really good either way. Beating Taker will just add to HBK's legend. I mean we all know he is going into the Hall of Fame anyway one day. Could be as soon as next year. Maybe. I still think it should be a few years away. Although Taker is coming up on the end of his career as well. If this is HBK's last match, at least for the foreseeable future, all I have to say is that he served us all well. I mean after all he has given to this business, if he decides to step down on his own terms, then its all good. Lots of guys can't do it that way. To walk away on your own is something that many hope for, but very few achieve. This match is going to be special either way. Fans should buy the ppv for this and the Bret/Vince match alone. But we are still not done.

Match 8
World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho(c) vs. Edge
In the match that really should be the main event of the event, but will probably fall in the semi main spot, You have the brass and arrogant Chris Jericho vs Edge. The Rated-R Superstar has numerous monikers, the ultimate opportunist is the one I like best. I feel like winning the Royal Rumble after coming back from an injury is the thing that is gonna give Edge the nod & the title in this match. Plus Smackdown is lacking a little in main event talent, so it makes sense to have him win & continue this feud. So that's my two cents. I really think that these two can have a really good match. Should be a classic bout between two guys that should end as Hall of Famers by the end of their careers as well.

Match 9
WWE Championship: Batista (c) vs John Cena
In what Im sure is gonna end up being an all out fight. I really don't think this is going to a scientific match by no means. Mostly because neither of them work that way for the most part. The feud between these two has been a long time in the making. All the way back at WM 21 when they both won separate World Titles, I knew that one day it would work out to where they would have a match for one of the titles on the biggest stage of the year. Batista has really come into his own as a heel since winning the WWE Title. When he won the title at the EC ppv, i thought it was kinda genius. I mean no one could have saw that coming. Except me. If I was paying attention. But I was certain that Sheamus would somehow come out with the title, face Triple H and be made into the superstar the company wants. However that didn't happen & now we are left with this instead. I don't think its a bad choice. Again, its not gonna be a scientific match by no means, but an all out fight. Should still be entertaining.

My predictions for Wrestlemania area as follows:
Randy Orton
Sheamus
CM Punk
ShowMiz
Drew McIntyre
Taker - expect some kind of swerve
Bret Hart
Edge
Cena

Biggest prediction of all, Drew McIntyre cashes in the Money in the Bank Breifcase on Edge. If he both win, count on it. So that is all folks, I'll see you next time & remember, Sometimes Chaos is the only Answer...

Also I will leave you with my latest video. I talk respect for a few guys in particular. Check it out yo...

No comments:

Post a Comment